McDonald’s USA announced the return of one of its staple events, the 11th annual Inspiration Celebration Gospel Tour. The long-running brand owned gospel music tour is back with a powerful line-up sure to please fans nationwide. Beginning May 10 and running through October 21, this free concert series will bring communities hope and inspiration through song and comedy.
Gospel superstar and multi-award winner Tye Tribbett is joined on this year’s tour by returning music director and songwriter Donald Lawrence, legendary pastor and singer Bishop Paul S. Morton, singer-songwriter Brian Courtney Wilson, songbird Anita Wilson, singing sensation Jekalyn Carr, as well as renowned quartet voice Paul Porter. Christian comedienne Small Fire will again bring the laughter while radio personality and gospel artist Lonnie Hunter resumes hosting duties. Prominent gospel singer, pastor and choir director Hezekiah Walker will also join the tour in select cities.
Year after year, McDonald’s Inspiration Celebration Gospel Tour stresses the importance of giving back to the community and supporting Ronald McDonald House Charities® (RMHC®). Over the last five years alone, the tour has raised approximately $510,500, enough to provide more than 6,300 nights at Ronald McDonald Houses across the country. Concertgoers will learn more about how RMHC gives families with sick children what they need most – each other.
“For over a decade, the brand has had the opportunity to touch so many communities through inspirational music and laughter. We are so excited to raise the bar and bring this one-of-a-kind experience to three additional markets in 2017 ,” said Angie Blissett, Marketing Director, McDonald’s USA in a satement released today. “Not only is there an amazing lineup of performers but the tour will continue to raise donations for RMHC benefiting families in need.”
As always, all concerts are free of charge. The multi-city tour will make stops in 15 markets, including: Atlanta, Birmingham, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Greensboro, Jackson, Los Angeles, Memphis, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Raleigh, St. Louis and Washington, D.C.
Tour dates and locations include:
• May 10 – Detroit, Greater Grace Temple
• May 11 – Chicago, House of Hope
• June 7 – Charlotte, The Park Church
• June 8 – Greensboro, Mt. Zion Baptist Church
• June 9 – Raleigh, Wake Chapel Church
• June 30 – Dallas, TD Jakes’ MegaFest
• August 18 – St. Louis, Friendly Temple MB Church
• August 31 – Memphis, Brown Baptist Church
• September 1 – Jackson, Jackson Convention Center
• September 2 – New Orleans, Greater St. Stephens Church
• September 14 – Atlanta, The House of Hope Atlanta
• September 15 – Birmingham, Cathedral of the Cross AOH
• September 21 – Washington, D.C., Ebenezer AME Church
• September 22 – Philadelphia, Enon Tabernacle Baptist Church East
• October 21 – Los Angeles, Taste of Soul Family Festival
Visit www.365Black.com to learn more about the 11th annual McDonald’s Inspiration Celebration Gospel Tour and McDonald’s 365Black initiative. Follow @365Black on Twitter for tour updates and join the conversation using #365BlackGospel.